Although content writing is the buzzword for some years now, it is not something new. Content is communicating information and we have been communicating for eons in many forms.
Our ways and platforms of communication have changed drastically over the last two decades. Content writer is anyone who develops original content and puts it in a form understandable by others.
If you have created posts for Facebook or written a blog or tweeted, then you are a content writer too! Of course, being a professional content writer entails something more. But we all do what a content writer does in a professional way.
Content for business marketing was implemented as far back in the eighteenth century by Benjamin Franklin when he published his yearly paper. In the early 2000s search engines gave birth to SEO copywriters who finally evolved into content writers.
As Google rewarded quality content and penalized spammy content people now wanted professionals to write content.
1. Content leaders drive 7.8 times more traffic than others according to Neil Patel
2. 56% of marketers believe that customized content leads to higher engagement rates and increases brand recall. (IBM Digital Experience survey, 2015)
3. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing is three times more effective (DemandMetric)
4. Brands that invest in content marketing have a six times higher conversion rate.
5. 73% of organizations hire content strategists to manage their content.
These statistics make clear that content is in high demand and the opportunity for a content writer is tremendous.